Member Code of Conduct
As members and associates of the Federation of Indian Professional Trainers, we share a responsibility for the reputation and good character of the Training and Development Profession.
1. RESPONSIBILITIES TO OUR LEARNERS
- A. I shall endeavor to establish communication patterns and channels which, by fostering the free flow of essential information, will make each member of the group feel that he is being kept informed, and also give him an awareness of his own personal involvement and of his solidarity with other members.
- B. I shall hold and apply the principles of human rights, equity, dignity and respect, and in particular will not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, ancestry, place of origin, colour, creed, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or disability.
- C. I shall commit to understanding my learners' needs, providing a hospitable learning environment and presenting them with accurate information that will enable them to transfer their learning on the job.
- D. As far as reasonably possible, I shall accommodate my services for clients who are impaired because of disability.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES TO OUR PROFESSION
- A. I shall bear in mind that because of the relationship between the profession and the public, my conduct – even in private – will have an impact on the way in which the profession as a whole is appraised.
- B. I shall conduct myself always and in all circumstances in such a manner so as to deserve and secure the confidence of those, I come into contact with.
- C. I shall be liable for suspension or expulsion from membership when I have behaved in a manner unbecoming to the profession.
- D. I shall strive to keep current with developments in any domain of the profession where I claim specific expertise.
- E. I shall refrain from personal gain through improper use of membership and its resources.
- F. I shall observe all laws and restrictions of copyright. I shall acknowledge the authors of original material and concepts.
- G. When I have verifiable evidence that someone has breached the Member Code of Conduct, I will report it.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES TO OTHER MEMBERS
- A. I shall not perform, or cause to be performed, any act which would bring disrepute to any part of the practice of the Training and Development profession.
- B. I will maintain personal and professional growth in the profession by engaging in activities that enhance credibility and value of the profession.
- C. I shall be liable for "discipline," suspension or expulsion from membership when I have behaved in a manner unbecoming to the profession. In such circumstances, I shall reply promptly to any communication from the Federation of Indian Professional trainers.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CERTIFIED MEMBER
- A. I shall refrain from subordinating the truth to other requirements.
- B. I shall refrain from circulating information which is not based on established and ascertainable facts.
- C. I shall refrain from taking part in any venture or undertaking which is unethical or dishonest or capable of impairing human dignity.
- D. I will support efforts designed to further the technical proficiency of the profession and encourage the establishment of adequate training and education for the practice of our profession.
- E. I shall keep informed about the profession of Training and Development, including the current version of the Member Code of Conduct.
5. RESPONSIBILITIES TO OUR CLIENTS (INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL)
- A. I shall carry out undertakings and commitments which shall always be so worded as to avoid any misunderstanding, and to show loyalty and integrity in all circumstances so as to keep the confidence of the clients or employers, past or present and of all the publics that are affected by my actions.
- B. I shall honor client privacy and not divulge any such information unless authorized by the client or required to do so by law.
- C. I shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability and shall comply, both in spirit and letter, with all the rules and regulations prescribed by the law and government agencies.
- D. I shall offer only the services I am qualified and competent to deliver. I shall recognize any limitations I have in my ability to handle a matter and take steps to ensure the client is appropriately served.
- E. I shall act in the best interest of my client, providing professional services with integrity, objectivity, and independence. I shall not encourage unrealistic client expectations and provide honest assessments and evaluations when requested.
- F. I shall, before accepting an assignment, reach a mutual understanding with the client with respect to assignment objectives, scope, work plan, and, if relevant, costs.
- G. I shall avoid acting simultaneously for two or more clients in potentially conflicting situations without informing all parties in advance and securing their agreement to the arrangement.
- H. I shall inform a client of any interest that may impair or may be seen to impair my professional judgment.
I / The company shall strive to abide by the above member code of conduct and any divergence from the same may lead to suspension or expulsion from the membership.